Sunday, March 18, 2012

Common Core Standards Posters - Roundup

Back in October, I started making Common Core Standards posters at the request of colleague of mine. Since then, I've made posters for grades K - 8. Since fifth was the grade I started on, the posters went through a lot of "prototyping" at that stage. So I have a total of four different options for that grade. I have two different options for fourth. But the time I started working on third grade posters, I had the format nailed down.

All the different choices get a little confusing sometimes, even to me. So I've organized them all here into one list.

Fifth Grade Posters - Five different backgrounds
Fifth Grade Posters - Illustrated - English Language Arts
Fifth Grade Posters - Illustrated - Math
Fifth Grade Posters - Illustrated - Math and English Language Arts Combined
Fourth Grade Posters - (not illustrated)
Fourth Grade Posters - Illustrated
Third Grade Posters - Illustrated

In summer 2012, I finished these grades! Yipee!

Second Grade Posters - Illustrated
First Grade Posters - Illustrated 
Kindergarten Posters - Illustrated

And not to forget the big kids!
Sixth Grade Posters - Illustrated 
Seventh Grade Posters - Illustrated  
Eighth Grade Posters - Illustrated

The difference between "illustrated" and everything else is: in the illustrated posters, the concept or learning goal of each standard is "visualized" with a graphic, like in the examples below.



14 comments:

  1. I find these very useful and my 3rd graders love them, too! Many of the other teachers at my school have seen them and plan to use them in their classrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I will be purchasing them when we start using the CCS. I can't wait to see the 6th grade as I teach both 5th and 6th grade math.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy! Glad you like 'em. I get a kick out of making a little graphic to go with each standard.

    Sixth grade will be ready in time for the next school year. Sometime in July.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Steve! I've already told my partner teacher about the English standards...saves us a lot of time as we have to have the standards posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! Glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fifth grade posters are great! I teach mixed grade classes - any idea when sixth grade posters will be finished?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meiriwyn. School's out this Friday in my district. I'm going to work full time on standards posters starting next week. The 6th grade posters will be done by the end of June. Probably closer to mid-June.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My fingers are crossed that they get done before I'm out of school this year. I'd like to have them ready for the start of next year.

    You might be getting several buyers from Indy, my co-teacher's mom is a Principal and she told her about the standard cards....she might be getting them and then passing on the word to her teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be finishing them by then, I think. I finished the ELA ones today. Now on to math! I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any chance you'll be making 7th grade ELA posters for the common core stnadards?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will. They will be done by August. Hopefully sooner. Thanks for your interest!

    ReplyDelete