Monday, April 30, 2012

Sunny Day Fun Literacy Activities

Sunny days bring curly slides and soccer games, volleyball and picnics. Tap into students' love of the outdoors with this themed unit of informational and creative writing activities scaffolded with fun worksheets and centers that reinforce the fundamentals of good writing.

Perfect for summer school, or something for the kids to do over the summer to stop the "summer slide."

Inside, you will find activities, centers and worksheets for...

Creative Writing Assignments And Templates
Informational Writing Assignments And Templates
Verb Conjugation
Differentiating Homonyms
Spelling
Understanding and Interpreting Graphs
Understanding and Interpreting Tables
Brainstorming
Identifying and Writing Sensory Language
Identifying and Writing Figurative Language

The packet includes

I used this unit with my 7th grade EL students and they were a hit. At first, they thought the graphics were a little immature for them, but they quickly got over that and had a good time. I like to think my worksheets helped them forget about their adolescent problems and pressures for awhile and just revisit the happy carefree days of their youth.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog today! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

    learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Jessica. I'm now following your blog, too. (I love those color sharpie pens, too, BTW)

    ReplyDelete